Welcome. Welcome to the Bloog

We've been waiting for you. We have cookies. There is no escape. Enjoy your stay.

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Poetry

So, recently, the Heather from www.whythinks.blogspot.com and I went to a writing workshop by two professional writers, like real professionals. There was a part in the workshop about blogs, and bearing that in mind, I (against the other Heather's will, mind you) emailed them our blog urls. I was thinking I should probably post something mature and sophisticated (I had to type several variations of that in a google search bar to figure out how to actually spell it. No shame). So then I was like, well nothing screams mature and sophisticated like poetry, and I am capable of writing some pretty average poetry, if I do say so myself (hair flip). So without further ado, here are these two poems that I've written recently that I kinda like...


Flying Away
As the night flew away,
into light of day
Scorching, burning, light of day

Again I wonder how long it will take

How long it will take,
for the whole thing to shake
Shaking, shaking, with all it's might

Flying away into dead of night.

Perfect as Misery can be
Soft whispers Of Lightning falling throughout my world
Snow fast around My ankles swirled

The day was dreary and perfect as Misery can Be
For don't You know sunshine Always costs a Fee

The snow swirls stop me in my tracks
put me to sleep,
wake up me

and I don't know
which is best

the grass blooms green through the empty trees
the winter gone no longer seized

Along all the winding paths of life,
and always pick the One of Strife

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There were a couple others that I really liked, unfortunately I'm rather terrified of people stealing my work, so I won't post them anywhere until I can copyright them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment I will be your best friend forever. (Restrictions, blackout dates, and rate fees may apply)